Online Jazz Classes
ALL ONLINE CLASSES START THE WEEK OF APRIL 7TH.
By registering for our online classes, you gain access to our entire online curriculum - - attend as many or as few classes as you like :)
Once you register and pay, you will receive email links to Zoom meetings as well as passcodes for the classes. Make sure to have your email included to gain access to our classes! Emails with links will be sent out the day of classes. See below for schedules and more!
(Levels 1 - 4)
Students in these classes will focus on one piece of music in each class per week. They will study not only how to play the piece, but a little bit about the composer, time period, important recordings, as well as the theoretical aspects of the work. This will include an in-depth study of the harmony, melody, form, and more. Each level will focus on a different piece each week. Students are encouraged to attend multiple sessions!
Level 1 - Tues, 4 - 4:40pm (Basic chord construction & theory)
Level 2 - Tues, 4 - 4:40pm (In-depth focus on a jazz standard)
Level 3 - Tues, 5 - 5:40pm (In-depth focus on a jazz standard)
Rhythm Section Technique
(Levels 1 - 2)
Students in these classes will focus honing the essential skills needed in the jazz rhythm section. Each instrument will have a separate section and have two levels: 1) Developing and 2) Advanced. We ask that all students have a basic proficiency on their instrument before joining.
Four instrument classes will be offered: Piano, Guitar, Bass, and Drums.
Level 1 (Developing) - Wed, 4:00 - 4:40pm
Level 2 (Advanced) - Wed, 5:00 - 5:40pm
Instrumental Technique & Improvisation
(Beginning, Intermediate & Advanced levels available)
Students in these classes will focus on developing skills needed to continue improving their improvisations. All instruments are welcome.
Beginning Level - Thurs, 4:00 - 4:40pm
Advanced Level - Thurs, 4:00 - 4:40pm
Intermediate Level - Thurs, 5:00 - 5:40pm
* Weekly fee of $25, payable all at once or by the week
* If you have already paid for Quarter 4 Combo Class, you will be granted access with no additional charge
* Online payments only
* Scholarships available - contact Mr. Finn at email@example.com to request financial assistance
More information for online courses:
* This requires you to install ZOOM on your phone or laptop.
* LAJP is aware of some "security risks" that have been in the media and we are taking full precautions to mitigate these.
* Part of these security measures requires students to not share the class link with anyone not enrolled in that particular class.
* Use of the ZOOM app or program requires any users that are under the age of 13 to be exempt from the COPPA.
Registration for Summer Camp is currently on hold. Let's see how things shake out on that.